Learn more about
Call for Art
Jane St Art Center iwill be receiving applactions Aug 1 – Nov 30 for our 2023 slot. Please sign up for our mailing list to get updates. Applicants must live or work within a 100 miles of Saugerties, NY and be able to deliver and install their own installation. There are two connected galleries at Jane St. Art Center. Gallery South is designated for 2D (including photography) and sculpture. Gallery North is designated for installation and performance including film/video, sound, dance and installation. Also available is the 750 sq ft courtyard. Artwork showing in both galleries must directly relate and inform each other. $20 application fee.
Applications are juried by committee.
Both gallery spaces must be utilized and exhibited works relate to each other. SOUTH GALLERY 2D and/or 3D works. You my present both or one or the other. NORTH GALLERY dedicated to installation, video, performance, sound art etc. Our philosophy is “Art:Incubated” so works-in-progress are also accepted.
Artists are also encouraged to do some kind of audience engagement ie; artist talk, lecture, performance with Q & A etc.
Eligibility: Artists living working within 100 miles of Saugerties NY may submit a proposal. Artists must have a strong body of multidisciplinary work or collaborative history when submitting work. Artist must be at least 18 years of age.
• Jane St. Art Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Media/Genre, etc: Jane St. Art Center is dedicated to experimental work in all media. Gallery South: 2D (including photography) and sculpture. Gallery North: installation and performance including film/video, sound, dance and installation. Artwork showing in both galleries must directly relate and inform each other.
Jury and Curation: Jane St. Art Center selection process involves a two-part system, first passing through our Exhibition Committee consisting of a 5 member panel of professionals, artists, and academic advisors and from here the final selection by the Executive Director of Jane St Art Center.
Please Note: This gallery is a for-profit gallery so all works must be for sale. Performances may be ticketed events with 50% of the proceeds going to the gallery unless it is a free performance, integral to the installation, i.e. video loop etc. that can be run continuously for the duration of the exhibition. Due to COVID 19 we are reduced to 1/2 capacity so our audience is limited to 15 people with masks and social distancing in place.
Commission: Artist retains 50% commission not including NY taxes. Please take this into consideration when assigning prices.
PR: All exhibitions will be advertised in Chronogram and on the radio WKZE. We will include all exhibitions on our new web site, new ARTSY site, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc. as well as mailings and newsletters.
- All applications must include art across multiple disciplines.
- Submit up to 5 images that accurately represent your body of work.
- Link to sound or performance videos
- Images should be no smaller than 72 dpi or bigger than 300 dpi and should not exceed 10 MB per file.
- Save images as artist last name, first name, title of work, year. If the submission file of artwork isn’t saved as requested, the work will not be considered.
- Artist statement
- Artist biography
- Resume or CV
- All submissions must be sent through Jotform.com
- No email submissions will be accepted.
- $20 non-refundable application fee
- Must be 18 or older to submit
The applications period in Aug 1 – Nov 30, 2022 for our 2023 slot. Applications received after Nov 30, 2022 will not be considered for review.